Home & Community Care
The Home Care program is based on a holistic approach that recognizes that a person's needs are social, emotional, physical and spiritual in nature. The program aims to preserve and maximize the individuals' ability to remain independent as long as possible in their own community. The Home & Community Care program will promote wellness, support the client's ability to take responsibility for his or her own health and prevent or delay the need for institutional care. Integrated and coordinated services will be assessed and implemented in a fair and consistent manner making home and community care accessible to all community members in need.
- To ensure accessibility and delivery of services and quality care
- Assist clients to live in the community as independently as possible
- Preserving and encouraging support provided by the family and caregivers
- Manage services effectively and efficiently to promote a viable and sustainable program
- Work in partnership with other service providers to increase the effectiveness of community care.
Other program/services available to clients:
- Meals on wheels
- Dietitian services
- Home based Palliative Care
- Wellness, fitness activities and support groups
- Emotional and Mental Health services
- Organized social events
- Assisting clients to receive rehabilitation & therapy services.