JOB TITLE: Primary Care Nurse (Registered Nurse with AAP or NP)
REPORTS TO: Nurse Coordinator
STATUS: Permanent Full Time, Part Time or Casual
LOCATION: Pelican Narrows SK
POSTED: August 5, 2022
DEADLINE: until successful candidates are found
Peter Ballantyne Cree Nation Health Services has some unique experiences to offer new employees in full-time, job share or casual nursing positions in the community of Pelican Narrows. We are currently looking for RN with AAP licensure or Nurse Practitioners.
Position Overview and Responsibilities
PBCN Health Services is seeking RN AAP’s or NP for full-time, part-time and casual opportunities in our communities.
If you have ever wanted to explore the beauty of northern Saskatchewan, practice autonomously to your full scope, embark on a journey of nursing like no other, then we have what you are looking for. PBCN Health Services Inc. has some unique experiences to offer new employees, in full time, part time or casual nursing positions in the communities of Pelican Narrows. We are currently looking for RN with AAP licensure that are able to collaborate with other members of the health team to ensure quality of care for the client and who have the ability to utilize both formal and informal consultation processes with other professional and community groups. Under the supervision of the Nursing Coordinator, plans and carries out a Community Health Nursing program in conjunction with the PBCN Nursing Program objectives, guidelines procedures and policies, and the needs of the community; provides a nursing treatment service to the community; advises the Nursing Coordinator on matters relating to nursing representatives and the community and other related agencies; and performs other duties as delegated by the Nursing Coordinator.
- Bachelor Degree in Nursing with AAP or NP Certification
- Registered or eligible for registration with the Saskatchewan Registered Nurses Association (SRNA)
- Assets include current certification in ACLS, PALS, ITLS
- Must have a valid Class 5 driver’s license
- Must have a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Current Satisfactory Criminal Record Clearance, Vulnerable Sector Check, Driver’s Abstract and verification of full Covid vaccination
- Ability to speak Cree is an asset
- Strong desire for continued growth and learning
Salary & Benefits
Salary: $ 44.77 to $64.70 per hour (depending on Education & Experience)
Benefits: PBCNHS offers a comprehensive salary and benefits package such as Northern Allowance, Extended Health
Care and Pension.
Housing: Furnished lodging units will be provided free of charge;
How to Apply
Please send resumes and cover letters with professional references to:
P.O. Box 339, Prince Albert, Saskatchewan S6V 5R7
Telephone: (306) 765-1430 Fax: (306) 953-0899
* Only qualified individuals being considered will be contacted for an interview