REPORTS TO: Mental Health & Addictions Manager
STATUS: Option for Full or Part Time Contract
Peter Ballantyne Cree Nation Health Services is an incorporated non-profit First Nations health organization delivering health programs in the communities of Pelican Narrows, Deschambault Lake, Southend and Sturgeon Landing. PBCN Health Services is committed to striving for excellence, innovation and strengthening community development in health delivery.
Position will report directly to the Mental Health & Addictions Manager and will be based out of Prince Albert Office. The Mental Health Therapist is to provide crisis response and therapeutic support services to the Peter Ballantyne Cree Nation membership in the community of Southend and therefore will require extensive travel for periods of 5 or more days at a time.
- Master’s in Psychology, Social work, Psychiatric Nursing or other relevant area with extensive experience in the assessment and treatment of mental, emotional and behavioral disorders, conditions and addictions;
- A combination of education and clinical experience satisfactory to the employer;
- Registered or eligible for registration with the appropriate licensing body;
- 5 years of direct clinical work with people experiencing mental illness and mental health disorders, additions, community development;
- Experience working with computers & knowledge of a variety of computer software programs;
- Supervisory experience is an asset;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills;
- Must maintain strict confidentiality;
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, problem solving & public relation skills;
- Self-motivated and able to work independently;
- Experience in working in First Nations community and a willingness to learn about culture, customs and traditions;
- Current Satisfactory Criminal Record Check, Vulnerable Sector Check, Driver’s Abstract and verification of full Covid 19 vaccination;
- Must have a valid Class 5 driver’s license & access to personal vehicle;
- Ability to speak Cree is an asset.
How to Apply
Please send resumes and cover letter with 3 professional references to:
Prince Albert, Sask.
Telephone: (306) 765-1430 Fax: (306) 953-0899
* Only qualified individuals being considered will be contacted for an interview.