JOB TITLES: Primary Care Nurse/AAP
Registered Nurse (Emergency Experience)
REPORTS TO: Nurse Coordinator
STATUS: Permanent Full Time, Part Time & Casual
LOCATION: Pelican Narrows, Southend, & Deschambault Lake -SK
DEADLINE: until successful candidates are found
Peter Ballantyne Cree Nation Health Services is an incorporated non-profit First Nations health organization delivering health programs in the communities of Pelican Narrows. PBCN Health Services is committed to striving for excellence, innovation and strengthening community development in health delivery.
Position Overview and Responsibilities
PBCN Health Services is seeking RN (with Emergency Experience); RN/AAP and NP ’s for full-time, part-time and casual opportunities in Southend, Deschambault Lake and Pelican Narrows.
If you have ever wanted to explore the beauty of northern Saskatchewan, practice autonomously to your full scope, embark on a journey of nursing like no other, then we have what you are looking for. PBCN Health Services Inc. has some unique experiences to offer new employees. You will collaborate with other members of the health team to ensure quality of care for the client and who has the ability to utilize both formal and informal consultation processes with other professional and community groups. Under the supervision of the Nursing Coordinator, you will plan and carry out a Community Health Nursing program in conjunction with the PBCN Nursing Program objectives, guidelines procedures and policies, and the needs of the community. The RN will provide a nursing treatment service to the community; advise the Nursing Coordinator on matters relating to nursing representatives and the community and other related agencies; and perform other duties as delegated by the Nursing Coordinator.
- Bachelor Degree in Nursing;
- Registered or eligible for registration with the College of Registered Nurses of Saskatchewan (CRNS);
- Assets include current certification in ACLS, PALS, ITLS;
- Must have a valid Class 5 driver’s license;
- Must have a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills;
- Self-motivated and able to work independently;
- Current Satisfactory Criminal Record Clearance, Vulnerable Sector Check & verification of covid vaccination;
- Ability to speak Cree is an asset;
- Strong desire for continued growth and learning.
Salary & Benefits
Salary: $ Depending on Experience
Benefits: PBCNHS offers a comprehensive salary and benefits package such as Northern Allowance, Extended Health Care and Pension.
Housing: Furnished lodging provided (taxable benefit)
How to Apply
Please send resumes and cover letters with professional references to:
P.O. Box 339, Prince Albert, Saskatchewan S6V 5R7
Telephone: (306) 765-1430 Fax: (306) 953-0988
* Only qualified individuals being considered will be contacted for an interview